Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, March 06, 2006

Toby Leung: Super Sneaker Fan

Many young people like to buy sneakers and would have several pairs at home. If you have a dozen pair of sneakers at home, you would be considered a sneaker fan. However Toby Leung Ching Kei, who appears in "The Pain of Being A Man" alongside Ron Ng Cheuk Hei, is a super sneaker fan, as she owns more than 1,000 pairs of sneakers at home!

Since primary school, Toby has bought more than 1,000 pairs of sneakers. Whether the sneaker is a limited edition or from a special collection, Toby owns it.

Toby said, "Sneakers are very comfortable and easy to match with clothes. I have started collecting sneakers since I was in primary school. When I was young, I loved to exercise, play basketball and handball, and go running as well. Since I was quite tomboyish, I would wear out a pair of sneakers easily. I would have to buy a new pair of sneakers every month. After buying so many sneakers over the years, I became obssessed; it is quite humorous!"

Toby's highest record was buying 5 pairs of sneakers in one shopping trip! "There is a salesperson at a store that knows I love sneakers. When there is new stock, she would call me to come in to look at the new models. Last year, Adidas issued a special collection of sneakers for their 35th anniversary. Each pair was so pretty! I ended up purchasing 5 pairs of sneakers! It was quite crazy!"

Since there are only 365 days in a year, even if Toby wore a different pair of sneakers each day, it would take her almost 3 years before she will wear everything in her sneaker collection. Toby admitted that there are many sneakers in her collection which she has worn only once or twice. "I love the sneaker designs when I bought them, but found out later that they are hard to match with clothes."

Toby's mother tried to control her obsession in collecting sneakers. "At first, my mother would let me buy the sneakers because she saw that I love them. But as I purchased more and more sneakers, there was not enough space to store them at home. So she donated some of my old sneakers. At first I didn't notice, but sometimes I would want to search for a certain pair and could not find it. Then I knew that my mother had donated them. Once I cried due to this matter because I love each pair of sneakers that I bought."

Although Toby owns enough sneakers to make a "sneaker mountain" at home, she will continue to buy new sneakers, "Earning money is tough; of course I have to reward myself!"

Toby's Hint
In order to keep sneakers in good condition and looking like new, Toby said that she uses make-up remover cloths to shine her sneakers. "Each time after cleaning my sneakers, I would use make-up remover clothes to finish the shining. This tip was given to me by
Shawn Yue Man Lok. After trying it, the results are very clean! As I always shine my sneakers, I can always keep them looking like new. With certain stain spots, I also use a toothbrush to clean the sneakers too."


[X] credit: Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com/
The Sun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home